It's fall, the weather is great and you decided to pick up some pinecones...Great! But before bringing your treasures inside your home, you need to clean them. There are sometimes dirt and little bugs living inside Mother Nature's gems.
1) Brush any excess of dirt or vegetation.
2) Clean in the sink with hot clear water. Once rehydrated your pinecones will close.
3) Use an old cookie pan and spread your pinecones. You can also use oven parchment paper.
4) Bake at 250-degree Fahrenheit for 45 minutes or at the dry setting on your oven. Don't overbake or they will break easily. This will reopen the pinecones and will kill all the little bugs. On the plus side, it will smell amazing inside the house.
5) When they are cold, get rid of seeds if there is some. Ready to use!
If you have sticky fingers because of the sap, you can use alcohol base gel hand cleaner, yes, yes, Purell!!!
Leave a comment
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …